ITIN ( IDENTIFICATION TAX NUMBER) En Espanol Click Aqui
Taxpayer identification Numbers
Do i need One ?
A ITIN must be furnished on returns , statements , and other tax related documents . For example a number must be furnished :
When filling your tax return - A change in IRC secction 6109 Regulation in 1996 mandates the use of ITIN on tax return.
When claiming treaty benefits- There was a change in the IRC section 1441 regulaqtions in 2001 which mandates the use of ITIN in order to claim tax treaty benefits. A ITIN must be on a withholding cretificate if the beneficial owner is claiming any of the following :
- Tax treaty benefits (other than for income from marketable securities)
- Exemption for effectively connected income
- Exemption for certain annuities
HOW DO I APPLY FOR AN ITIN ?
you must demonstrate the need for an ITIN by having a Tax Reporting requirement such as tax return or a new or existing interest bearing account in your name . Apply complete IRS Form W-7
There are some examples of acceptable Identification Documents for -ITIN Card :
- Passport (may be used alone) Countries- European - Asian - South american
- Matricula consular (Mexico)
- Birth certificate
- An identity card
- Foreign Military From your country (in some cases)
- School Record
How do i Get A ITIN ?
You will need to complete a forms Click Here to go to IRS